Sunday, August 30, 2009

pickles, second round

i don't have any pictures yet, but i needed to breifly blog my pickles before i forget what i put in them!

i went into all-out experiment mode, so some of these will probably be kinda nasty, but they sounded good at the time.... that being said, i also used small jars as to not waste massive amounts of cucumber. well, they were starting to get soft anyway....

sweet pickles - apple cider vinegar, cinnamon stick, cloves
spicy-sweet pickles - apple cider vinegar, cinnamon stick, cloves, and red pepper flakes
"scarborough" pickles - regular white vinegar, parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme
scarborough-dill: self-explanatory
asian(ish) - white vinegar, dill, ginger, garlic, and few drops of soy sauce
mustard pickles - white vinegar, mustard seed, celery seed
mustard dill - white vinegar, mustard seed, celery seed, and dill!

i'm sure some of these will come out more like "ick"les, but i needed to use up those cucumbers somehow! i'm a little nervous about the sweet pickles and the asian pickles... the ginger just smelled so good with the garlic and dill though, i couldn't resist! i'll post pictures soon.

2 comments:

  1. I spent my whole day canning too! I made applesauce today, and I need to go get more apples from my neighbor. :) I think the asian and mustard-dill pickles sound really good. You'll have to let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're nervous about them Hon? I'm the one who's gonna be the "taste tester". Don't deny it, you know its true. I'll likely be the garbage disposal as well.
    But, since they'll probably be delicious, I'll quit complaining.

    ReplyDelete