Saturday, June 5, 2010

i'm a harlot, i know....

it's time. hi, my name is ScrapJam and i have an addiction to yarn. this is my stash. *ahem* er, um, sorta, some of my stash. the other bits not shown is all the afghan yarn.


in my defense, most of this stuff has a purpose. the pink stuff in the upper left? felted slippers for someone for christmas. the stuff in the upper middle? socks for me and my man and some mission falls cotton i couldn't fit in the tub. there's really too much to name... the clear boxes in the back is most of my wool/silk/linen/cashmere/merino/alpaca/bamboo yarns. in other words, the good stuff. there's some peruvian highland and some wool blend left out in the back right of the main portion, but for the most part what's out is acrlylic. the basket is for leftover or small balls of yarn, like the patons soy wool stripes on the top. the baby blue and chocolate brown in the front left are a shawl that has yet to be born. the other pale yarns are baby yarns for when i get to occassionally make a hat or some booties for a charity effort in town. all of this stuff had plans for it, once upon a time. i just bought the gray yarn in front today to make mittens for my hubby, but i'll be darned if i remember what some of the other stuff was for.

so, in other shameful news:
the afghan was driving me crazy. this is a crochet version of this knit vest, done in red heart "peruvian print" colorway. i originally had mittens planned for this yarn, back when i didn't know any better, so now the yarn gets sacrificed as test yarn. plus it's an outer garment, so i don't have to worry about it being all scratchy next to my skin.

remember the lotus cardigan from ravelry? i looked at the pattern and had real trouble figuring it out. so i dug through all my magazines, looking for the right shirt/sweater/cardi with the right yarn weight and yardage, and i found these two options:

(from crochet today)


(crochet fantasy; excuse the model, it was the mid-80's)

i actually think i'm leaning toward the peach colored one. i really like the boat neck, the flutter sleeves and the ribbed bottom. would it look good in purple? i have this knitpicks yarn in eggplant, and i know i definitely have enough. if i do the other sweater, i'll have to shorten the sleeves.

back to the afghan tomorrow, though i may reward myself by working on my vest in between squares. i've been soaking the red squares over and over to try and bleed out as much excess dye as possible. they've been through three 8-hour soaks and a machine wash, and i think that's about it for them. they're drying under a fan in the kitchen now. i've decided that instead of sewing in all 282 ends by myself, i'm going to have a sewing party in july.
 
and you know, it just occured to me, i've got space in the upper right corner of my yarn cabinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment