Saturday, January 1, 2011

happy new year!

the most overused title in blogging today!

so, 2010 was a big year. at the start of 2010, i had a fiance, a six-month-old kitty, and a career. then, i had a nervous breakdown, quit my job, got married and gained a whole new family, moved, learned to knit, went back to college and got a new job.

big improvement from last year. (well, everything except the hubby. he was just as wonderful back then, too).

so it seems i have a lot to be thankful for this year. we're comfortable enough to eat what we want, when we want, we have friends and family that love us, and while we're not financially "gifted" enough to go out and buy a new car tomorrow, we can puruse our own hobbie and leisure activities.

it only seems fair, then, that since 2010 has given me so much, i should ditch my usual resolutions (the same ones i've had for nearly 10 years: work out more, eat healthier, procrastinate less) in favor of something a little more concrete.

so, here it is:

as crazy as it sounds, i've already done my christmas shopping for next year. well, some of it. i've gotten all the raw materials, divided them into ziploc gallon bags (thanks for the idea, yarn harlot!) and i will do a bag a month. each month, as well, i'll finish a project i've already got started. for january, the space invaders scarf. february, the honeymoon shawl. etc. etc.

i know i can keep the first one. one bag a month is completely doable. the second one? we'll see. i get distracted by new yarns and projects all the time.

have a good year, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I can do what I can to help, but I have the crafty ADD as well. I think I'm making progress, I'm not even swatching for another sweater until I finish the one that is 80% done. We'll see how that goes ;)

    ReplyDelete